After much investigation, it looks like building my own firmware for the LinkSys RV082 will take too long. I will pursue it at a later date but for now I will build my own.
The requirements are:
- Low cost
- Small form factor
- Low heat
- A minimum of three ethernet ports
- Serial port console access
- Powerful enough to be able to route and filter at least 10 Mbps of traffic.
- Linux, FreeBSD and/or OpenBSD compatible
- Loading operating system from Compact Flash
Nice to haves:
- PXE boot
- USB port
- IDE port
So far, the contenders are: …Continue reading » Multi-WAN Router / Firewall: Soekris VS WRAP